January 31, 2018

The Quick Kiss Good Day

Shuttled back into the badly-built mold box bedroom with my brother needing the lounge room floor, I found 3 hours of battered sleep as I remembered how badly these windows block sound - especially construction. As the big build nearby angle-grinds its way to completion, another was just demolished. I tried to convince myself the sounds could be part of dreams.
I woke with oedema eyes. You know - when someone has a visible allergic reaction, and the skin around their eyes is puffed with lymph fluid? I heard a click of the front door, and my brother quietly left the house.
I jumped out of bed, trotted out and and stuck a bleary, puffy, unslept face out into the hall.
"You going?"
"Yeah."
"Good bye. Good bye. Good bye. Good bye."
He toddled over and kissed me on the top of the head.
Okay, so he's not totally terrible after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment