February 5, 2018

DRIVE by Lera Lynn & its memories

I love this song for several reasons.
It reminds me of Berlin, when it flooded my ears daily and I saw Lera sing, just a walk over the old gothic bridge that intersects with the Berlin Wall.
It reminds me of a hotel room bath I lay in at 3am in Stockholm Sweden, where I sipped a pink tea, let the cold of my feet restore to warmth after standing in the dark and wet for hours selling t-shirts and CDs to increasingly drunk Swedes, feeling the pain of my back and damaged rib from sliding down a staircase ease up, knowing I badly, badly needed to sleep, but also needing some alone time after an emotionally testing night and too much time on the road with another human.
It reminds me of a night in a small panel van flying along a freeway in outer-northern Melbourne, vision swiped with the lights of night, a man I loved beside me, and these sounds sailing through the dark with us.
Mostly - it's just an amazing song.

No comments:

Post a Comment